Clear Accent Coach is a speech professional providing communication enhancing program in standard American English used in Business English. Get online tutoring here: Tutor Marie
What do I get?
- Improved pronunciation skills for business, social or professional reasons
- A coach who helps you to focus on the sounds you find the most difficult to pronounce
- An evidence based method of helping you improve the pronunciation of particular sounds
- Guided effort to break your habits in tongue movement and pronunciation errors
- Support so you lose your embarrassment when speaking to native English speakers
- Ability to increase your audience’s focus on your message, not your accent
- Access to 1:1 virtual office hours your speech and pronunciation coach
I offer a systematic, evidence-based approach – the Compton P-ESL method. It involves you receiving from me your recorded speech analysis report. Based on that analysis you will receive an individualized teaching program proposal, specific to your target areas for improvement. I work with clients from all over the world.
Target areas for your improvement determine the content of the weekly sessions. Each weekly session lasts 1 hour, with 1 client. All clients receive a FREE screening and assessment of their pronunciation on their initial voice recording.
How long will it take?
The typical client receives 13 weeks of 1 hour weekly instruction and coaching dedicated only to accent modification.
The purpose of accent modification is to remove the barriers to clear speech which prevent you from being easily understood by native English speakers. Changing your accent is also known as “accent modification” or “accent reduction.”
Your results depend on you! We work with you so you are able to complete all the training assignments. You will want to practice regularly and diligently between coaching sessions. Your brain needs to become accustomed to the new sounds, as you change old habits. At the end of all the sessions, your modified, clearer accent is recorded so you can hear the results you achieved!
Who should take this accent reduction program?
The person most likely to benefit is a professional who has completed ESL classes, and whose speech patterns make it difficult for customers, clients and colleagues or professors to understand his or her communication.
English proficiency should be similar to that of an American K-8 grader or higher (13-14 years of age or older). This client usually has the motivation to consistently attend the coaching sessions and practice the exercises, which are required to reduce distracting accents and speech patterns.
To summarize, the people who will benefit the most from the training are:
- Adults who speak English as a second language, and who are business or medical professionals or students whose career success is negatively impacted because of a foreign accent
- At the conclusion of the 13-weeks, you will receive a second recorded speech analysis to establish your degree of improvement or accent reduction.
You can expect a probable improvement level of approximately 50% as a likely outcome, only if the client completes the practice assignments. I conduct sessions online using an audio/video conferencing application.
Accent Modification Program
The accent modification program focuses on the following items:
- Recording your speech at the beginning of the program
- Screening your current speech patterns
- Identifying your speech pattern targets to improve, which distract the listener
- Establishing 13 weekly 1 hour sessions for individualized, structured, accent modification coaching
- Recording your speech at the conclusion of the program
- Determining the degree of improvement
The interactive program allows you to work with a live coach during scheduled sessions to correct targeted speech patterns. You will use the customized instructional materials, accessible online 24 x 7, to modify your accent. You will use the new techniques immediately in your every day speech. You will receive continued guidance during the structured courses.
You will receive proof of your improvement when your conversation is recorded at the end of the program. You will continue to use those new skills for your lifetime. The reason it works is that the program is customized to meet your needs, and you are being guided by a live, certified coach, using the Compton P-ESL evidence based program.
Get help with your accent for Business English and read the student reviews here: Tutor Marie